Saturday, January 19, 2008

Snow in the Southeast!

I woke up this morning to snow falling outside and all over NE Georgia. I hadn't paddled in a while so I was really hoping to get on the water this weekend. There wasn't much accumulation outside yet but I didn't want to drive any kind of long distance for fear of worsening road conditions. I decided to head down the road to the super low Lake Lanier for a short paddle, I'll make it to a river next time. Anyways, I strapped down the Corsica and drove to the lake. I also took the camera with me and got some pictures.



You can see how low the lake really is, with some docks out of the water




I got some pretty interesting looks from people when I was putting on and taking off. They probably thought I was a little crazy to go paddling in the snow. Today was also my first chance to use my new pogies. I'm pretty sure anyone who's used pogies knows how toasty they keep your hands, mine were sweating the whole time I was on the water. I kept dipping them in the lake to keep cool. Anyways, I got my paddling fix for today, but I need to get on a river soon.

'Till next time,

-David

No comments:

Post a Comment