Thursday, January 10, 2008

Cold Water Fun at Scudders Falls

Well my vacation from school was over, and it was time for me to make the drive from NY back down to FL. I decided to stop and visit a paddling friend in eastern PA for a session at Scudders. I first paddled at Scudders about 3-4 years ago when i was first learning how to paddle. The day I bought my first boat was a cold October day and my friends took me there to give it a go. I swam 7 times that day in the frigid waters. Since then, I have been back on a regular basis, each time looking a little more like a competent boater. But something very fortunate has happened there. Some local paddlers spent a great deal of time working on the feature there, and it really paid off. Jan 5th was the second time I paddled there with the new feature. The first time was at a level of about 22,000 cfs which made for a great wave for blunting and spinning (and if your good enough then all those other moves). On Jan 5th the level was a little lower (18,000 or so...). Ice Chunks were floating down the river. You could hear and feel them banging on the bottom of the boat. Everyone was very conservative, but I did find it in me to try a loop or two. Ill let the video speak for it self. The link to the video is in the "Video" column on the right.

Peace
Toby

No comments:

Post a Comment