Thursday, February 7, 2008

More low water fun on Dick's

Dick's creek seems to be becoming my "local" creek run, still about an hour drive though. Yesterday was the second time I've been up there in the last week. The level was definitly on the low side, probably lower than most would want to run it at. But it was all good to go and fun, just a little scrapy. I decided to take the playboat this time which was a nice change as I haven't been in it in months. I ended up running a new line on the falls, a slightly sketchy double boof down the middle/middle right. The sketchyness comes from the landing on the middle ledge being pretty shallow. If you miss your boof there is a good piton/pin potential, but if you hit it right there is a nice boil to pad the landing, then just boof/pencil into the pool below. We ended up running that drop a total of 6 times, and doing 4 full laps on the upper section. Even with the low water it was probably the best way I could have spent the afternoon, and hopefully more afternoons to come. Still no pics, but I did get the new camera so next time there will be plenty of eye candy.

Thats all folks!
-David

No comments:

Post a Comment